Sunday, November 23, 2008

Act 5


I was talking with my friend who is a Apothecary. He and I are good friends. So we were talking and he told me he sold a potion of death to this desperate man in Mantua. Apparently he was going to use it in Juliet's grave. As he told me this I remembered Romeo was in Mantua. Could he have heard of Juliet's death and without thinking was going to kill himself? But, then I thought Romeo seems like a smart man I don't think he would do that. At least I hope so.


What news! What news! Paris dead and Romeo dead. Also was found with a dagger in her. Oh the tragedy, all this deaths leads to bleakness. Young lovers gone. Paris went in and Romeo went in they died. Not only them but Lady Montague died. Poor Montague his wife and only son died. Such horrible news. This means I will no longer get to see Juliet's smiling face. It seems my purpose in life is gone never to return. Many who are dear to me have passed away.
Montague: For I will raise her statue in pure; That whiles Verona by the name is known, There shall no figure at such rate be set As that of true and faithful Juliet.
Act5 Scene3 Page 289 lines: 299-302
The literary significance is that it reveals a character. This quote is said at the end of Act5 Scene3 when Capulet, Montague, Prince and others find Juliet, Romeo and Paris dead. Montague can finally see a Capulet not as an enemy but as a person and person he respects. He respects Juliet and decides to build a monument to her. This is important to The Nurse because Montague is giving as much respect to Juliet as The Nurse would and shows how he has changed.

No comments: