Sunday, November 23, 2008

Act 4


Juliet came back from confessions. I was there when she went to her father and apologized for being disobedient. Ah, Juliet she is a smart girl. Apologizing was the right thing to do. Capulet was very pleased when Juliet did this. Good for her! We were preparing for the marriage and boy it was busy. I was running errands for Lady Capulet. It was very tiring. I got a break from it and was told to go to wake my dear Juliet.


What a surprise was waiting for me. Juliet was dead! I was in shock and so upset. I can not believe that happened. I am so sad this is the worst problem yet. It is another sorrowful day for the Capulet's. Paris will not be getting married Capulet and Lady Capulet lost their only daughter. Everyone is upset. Peter was so upset he was getting into a fight with the musicians. First Tybalt dead now Juliet things are becoming worse and worse.
Nurse: She's dead, deceased, she's dead; alack the day! Act4 Scene5 page 245 line: 23. The literary significance is to demonstrate a particular dramatic technique. The technique is dramatic irony.The quote is said in the beginning of Act4 scene5 when The Nurse finds Juliet seemingly dead. It is dramatic irony because the audience knows that Juliet might not be dead because she got a potion that makes her look dead, but The Nurse, Lady Capulet and Capulet does not know that. This quote is important because if The Nurse never thought Juliet was dead the story might have changed and it would not be dramatic irony. It shows how much unhappness The Nurse has if Juliet died.

No comments: