Monday, November 17, 2008

Act 1



I heard that Sampson and Gregory got into a fight with the Montague's. Stupid! I don't know why they fight like that. Personally I think it's pointless. You would think that those people would have better things to do than fight. I cannot even remember what the bitter rivalry was all about. Also when I was cleaning up around the house I overheard Capulet and Paris talking. It seems that the noble Paris wants to marry Juliet. My Juliet! I just know he will be good for her. Oh! I do hope things work out for Juliet.

I was talking with Lady Capulet and I remembered my dear Susan. She was my daughter and I wonder if she were here today how she would look. But, with Susan I would not have Juliet.The times spent with Juliet has grown me closer to my dear. I love her as if she was one of my own. Oh, I can remember a hilarious time with Juliet. She was young and still learning. Juliet fell right on her face! I was laughing uncontrollably it was a joyful time.

Nurse: What, lamb! What, ladybird!


Page 41 Line 3 Act 1 Scene 3


The line is said at the beginning of act 1 scene 3. It occurs when The Nurse is calling for Juliet to come. The speaker is The Nurse. The Literary significance is to demonstrate a particular literary technique. The technique is a metaphor. When the Nurse says "What, lamb! What, ladybird" she is comparing Juliet to those two things. It is a complement and shows the how The Nurse views Juliet as. The Nurse views her positively and thinks that Juliet is beautiful like a lamb or ladybird.

Work Cited:"1968's Romeo and Juliet." Students.ed.uiuc.edu. 21 Nov. 2008 .

No comments: